The following has been taken from T Powell 2000, The Mental Health Handbook, Our Rights, pg51
“The underlying philosophy of assertiveness training is based on the premise that we are all equal and that we all possess the same basic rights. Many people seem to have forgotten, or have never been told, that these rights exist. The goal of assertiveness is to stand up for your rights without violating the rights of others. A good starting point is to remind yourself of some of these basic rights.
- I have the right to express my feelings.
- I have the right to express my opinions and beliefs.
- I have the right to say ‘yes’ and ‘no’ for myself.
- I have the right to change my mind.
- I have the right to say, ‘I don’t understand’.
- I have the right simply to be myself without having to act for other people’s benefit.
- I have the right to decline responsibility for other people’s problems.
- I have the right to make reasonable requests of others.
- I have the right to set my own priorities.
- I have the right to be listened to, and taken seriously.
- I have the right to make mistakes and feel comfortable about admitting to them.
- I have the right to be illogical in making decisions.
- I have the right to say, ‘I don’t care’.
- I have the right to be miserable or cheerful.”
Therapy for bullying:
Current and past bullying can affect a person. However, at anytime, whether current or in the past, you can learn to become more assertive, more self-locused and thus Ego Strengthened.
Negative current and past experiences can live in the Subconscious/Unconscious mind and impact on other areas of your life. Good therapy allows for exploration of your personal situation where with therapeutic support you can unpick the building blocks that are unstable and outdated and replace them with strengthened stronger blocks to replenish, rejuvenate, repair and thus rebuild. Rebuild you to the person you were meant to be…the true you!
If you have been bullied, are being bullied, or know someone who is being bullied then the next step would be to take advantage of my informal complimentary pre-initial assessment to discuss your therapeutic pathway forward with no obligation.
You can arrange this, or just simply call me on 07950 906421 and leave a message if I am not available and I will get back to you soonest.
Counsellor, Hypnotherapist & NLP Life Coach (Bromley & Lewisham)
MBACP Acred & GHR
Mobile: 07950 906421